Re: [squid-users] Skip user in access.log

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 02:28:24 +1200

On 19/08/11 22:10, Rafal Zawierta wrote:
> Helo,
>
> Is it possible to force Squid not to log selected users activity in access.log?
>
> I'm using squid3 with kerb_auth, users are from AD, but I don't want
> to have boss_at_MYCORP.COM in my access log.
>
> Regards
> Rafal

Logging accepts ACLs. Both to disable logging entirely for the request
(log_access) and to disable sending to a particular file (access_log)
[don't get confused by the similar naming of those two directives].

There is an open bug about the ACL tests currently requiring that the
credentials are still valid at the point of testing. So things like auth
are not fully reliable at that point of the transaction. Particularly
when using shorter than default TTLs. Should be usable though.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10