Re: [squid-users] about the cache and CARP

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:37:59 +0200

On 16.08.11 16:54, Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
>I want to make Common Address Redundancy Protocol or CARP with two
>squid 3.0 STABLE10 that I have, but here I found this question:

the CARP that squid supports is the "Cache Array Routing Protocol"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cache_Array_Routing_Protocol

- this is something different than "Common Address Redundancy Protocol"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Address_Redundancy_Protocol

>If the main Squid with 40 GB of cache shutdown for any reason, then
>the 2nd squid will start up but without any cache.
>
>There is any way to synchronize the both cache, so when this happen
>the 2nd one start with all the cache ?

You would need something that would synchronize squid's caches,
otherwise it would eat two times the bandwidth.

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.