[squid-users] Which NTLM helper are we supposed to use in 3.2?

From: Alex Crow <alex_at_nanogherkin.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 12:12:55 +0100

Hi,

With NTLM auth in the past instructions have stated not to use the
helper supplied with Squid but the one from Samba. Is that still the
case or should we be using the newer helper "ntlm_smb_lm_auth"?

I am asking this as since I have been testing with squid 3.2 I have
noticed some odd things related to auth and the external acl helper for
nt groups (ext_wbinfo_group_acl) in that every so often squid seems to
think I'm not in a group when I am - despite ext_wbinfo_group_acl
working fine when I send hundreds of requests a second to it.

Thanks

Alex