Re: [squid-users] Suspicious Stats from squid client

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:15:24 +1200

On 24/08/11 18:48, Justin Lawler wrote:
> Hi, we have a script to log CPU usage from squidclient mgr:info - see below.
>
> Question is, how can the current stats be ~50% consistently, but the 5 minute average dropping down from 57% -> 4%?
>
> Where are these figures taken from anyway?

They come from the getrusage() system call.

Current is an rusage() lookup during processing of the manager report.
That will include CPU consumption from processing the request and
generating the report.

The historic averages are calculated from polling Squid does in the
background every 60 seconds. When there may or may not be any request
processing going on.

Amos

--
Please be using