Re: [squid-users] Multiple Squid Instances

From: viswanathan sekar <waytoviswa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:42:21 +0530

Thanks for the replying Amos,

I am going to test with CPU affinity with multi-core,

* i will run multiple squid instances in multi-core , that is each
instance run in specific core,

for example squid1 in CPU #0 and squid2 in CPU #1

* with iptables using --probability to load balance the squid

* for caching , instances have separate cache_dir with cache_peer balancing

before trying this i wish to know , it will give better performance ?

Thanks
-Viswa