Re: [squid-users] Loadbalanced ICAP-Requests?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 01:37:02 +1200

On 26/08/11 00:46, Tom Tux wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a configuration option (squid 3.1.14) which instructs squid
> to loadbalance the icap-requests? I saw, that it's possible to define
> failover with an adaptation_service_set. But also loadbalancing?
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Tom

I attempted to add such a thing to Squid, but was soundly corrected by
the ICAP people. Apparently ICAP works on a SaaS model where the whole
"set" is a single endpoint/service and there is no load balancing
between 1 of anything.
  If you want to find out more please contact the ICAP people and ask.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10