Re: [squid-users] Deny upgrade_http0.9 for different applications

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:48:23 +1200

On 31/08/11 20:19, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we use a tool at our site which seems to have the same issues with
> upgrade http as SHOUTcast. I would like to deny the upgrade_http on
> this tool, but have no clue how to get to the X-HTTP09-First-Line. Is
> there a way to deny upgrade http on all traffic? Maybe just using a
> wildcard on the default shoutcast acl?
>
> Cheers
> Florian

You can do whatever you like with the ACLs for that directive as long as
they are satisfiable from the connection and/or request header details
with no external lookups.

It wont help you outside of squid-2.7 though. That directive was an
experiment and is not present in current releases.

What do the requests and replies look like? and do they cope with HTTP
messaging and header alterations required by RFC 2616. If so we will
happily open Squids parser to transit those requests.

  SHOUTcasts only problem was that Squid upgraded the "ICY/1.0 200 Okay"
reply tag (proxies MUST send the highest HTTP/*.* version they support)
and the agents expecting it all decided the stream was a WAV file
instead of with embeded ICY meta data (4-per second squawking away out
the speakers).

Amos

--
Please be using