[squid-users] Reverse proxy to govern access to an internal website.

From: Christian Purnomo <cpurn_at_cpurn.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 08:36:30 +1000

Hi All

We have a 3rd party application running on an internal webserver. The
server & application is a blackbox to us which we don't have any
control on.

We would like to be able to 'govern' access to certain path of the
website and have been looking if Squid can help us with this.

Ideally a simple username/password (ncsa based) is sufficient and we
would need to be able to map the authenticated user whether they have
access to certain path of the website, i.e.
our.internal.ip.address/path/subdirectory1

We would appreciate any feedback

thanks