[squid-users] Multiple IP ranges

From: Mustafa Shahanshah <ms_at_bizontech.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 22:12:52 +0530

Hi, I am trying to setup a Squid Proxy on my network with 4000 + users. I have so far been able to setup the proxy on a bridged server with TPROXY. I have used ebtables , ip rule and ip tables to get it to work just fine so far. Now the issue I am facing is I have multiple IP ranges 192.0.0.0/8, 172.0.0.0/8 and 10.0.0.0/8 One is allocated to the each sub company. Now Since I installed the Squid using the IP 192.168.1.100, squid is able to do every thing that I want DNS guardian + cache But it does not register the traffic from any of the other ranges. So I added this to the ip route ip route add 10.0.0.0/8 dev br0 scope link proto kernel Now there is activity in the access.log but for all the ip's in the 10.0.0.0 series squid just gives tcp_miss/000 I cant figure out what is wrong !
Help suggestions !
OH ! yes I can get it to work with ip tables NAT -j MAQUERADE but then the issues is sites like rapid share and all, don't see multiple IP's they just see the IP of the Squid box. Back to the drawing board.
Now to put very simply is there a way to use multiple IP ranges without using the IP MASQUERADING ?
All help appreciated.

Thanks Mustafa http://www.bizontech.com