Re: [squid-users] Caching YouTube content

From: Kevin Wilcox <kevin.wilcox_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 14:03:16 -0400

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 13:02, Benjamin <benjo11111_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone used store_url from squid version 2.7?
>
> Any feedback or suggestion of this article?
>
> If someone tried it, please share your suggestions.

I'm testing it but it's a long-term test phase as I can only test for
a few months out of the year on any sizable population.

On a small test deployment I can get the content to cache - and
retrieve - using store_url and a perl handler, at least for youtube
content, but the regex needs some work as it's *highly* inefficient,
not at all ready to scale out beyond 100 or so users (which is about
5% of the population I need to handle on a single proxy) and requires
the URL to be *exactly* alike between viewings (you know all those
little &related= variations? they cause multiple downloads).

If I get it squared away I'll get some documentation and examples together.

kmw