[squid-users] ssl_bump + ldap authentication problem

From: Łukasz Makowski <lukasz.makowski_at_itsoft.pl>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 12:03:53 +0200

Hello everyone,

I'm using Squid and ldap_authentication, and recently decided do deploy
ssl_bump feature.

I have made tests for ssl_bump and everything works just fine, but when
combined with ldap authentication,
it appeared to have one big disadvantage.

For every site user try to visit, squid pops with its authentication window.
I see that for regular, http traffic message looks like this : "Server
My_Squid_Server needs authentication blablabla".
But when ssl_bump triggers during visiting https web page, it states :
"Server Https_Site_Domain needs authentication blablabla".

I know that this behaviour can be caused by a way that ssl_bump works.
Please tell me is there any possible method to overcome this ?

Thanks for help.

Lukasz