[squid-users] Large Downloads Killing Squid

From: Justin Lawler <jlawler_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 07:13:13 +0000

Hi,

We had a situation where a user tried to download 20 mp4 files (at 115+ Mb each) at the same time through squid, and squid died for up to 20 minutes after, not responding to any other traffic. Is this a known issue? Can we work around it with setting update in squid.conf?

We're running squid 3.0.15 on solaris connecting into an ICAP server.

Regards,
Justin