Re: [squid-users] cache_peer siblings

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:29:22 +1200

On 07/09/11 18:18, John Kenyon wrote:
>>> Open "icp_port 3130" to receive the packets.
>>> Amos
>
>> Hi Amos,
>
>> Sorry, I've also got this in my squid.conf:
>
>> icp_port 3130
>> log_icp_queries on
>> icp_query_timeout 2000
>
>> Also, port 3130 is open in iptables. Any other ideas?
>

> From what I understand UDP_DENIED means the ICP query can be denied due to the icp_access rules.
> I appear to have resolve the issue. Originally I had this:
>
> acl local_network src 192.168.0.0/16
> icp_access allow local_network
> icp_access deny all
>

> Which *should* have worked right? Anyway I changed it to the following and now I am not seeing the errors:
>
> acl squid_peers src wp01.example.com wp02.example.com wp03.example.com
> icp_access allow squid_peers
> icp_access deny all

So the peers have IP addresses outside of 192.168.0.0/16 which they are
using to communicate. Lookup the DNS AAAA and A records for them. Your
http_access rules may need adjusting as well. If the ICP reply indicates
success there will likely be a followup HTTP request using the same IPs.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.11