Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy Authentication

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 16:04:50 +1200

On 10/09/11 06:04, senthil kumar wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I have configured reverse proxy in squid with 3 cache_peers and
> enabled basic authentication.
>
> When i visit each sub domain the authentication prompt appears , i
> need to get authenticated only one, is it possible?

As I keep saying, popup is 100% purely a browser thing.

They have to be careful and bind credentials to the domain name to
prevent your sites login credentials being sent to places like embedded
advertisers. The most you can do is ensure that the realm value sent to
the broser is exactly the same for all your domains and hope they use
realm and domain prefixing to hint at the decision.

The popup is unrelated to what is going on to Squid other than that it
is a good sign the browser has no clue where or how to get credentials
that will work. Their final resort of last choice is to annoy the user
and ask what credentials are to be used.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.11