Re: [squid-users] Squid Cache: Version 3.1.15 - Adding custom header

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:57:53 +1200

On 13/09/11 15:44, Kris Glynn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I add a custom header to outgoing http requests from squid. I have compiled with "--enable-http-violations"
>
> I've tried something like this below but it doesn't appear to work.
>
> request_header_replace X-Sophos-WSA-ClientIP %SRC

replace is actually *replace*. There must be a copy of the same header
removed from the request in order to replace.

Additionally this is only possible in current Squid with registered
headers (RFC defined). Unknown custom headers cannot be replaced like
this. Sponsorship or patches welcome to enable this for unregistered
headers.

> Can anyone suggest a way to achieve this ?

Client IP information is already provided by Squid in these common headers:

Ensure forwarded_for is ON (the default) to receive them from your Squid.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.11