[squid-users] Pass MYPORT to proxy_auth?

From: David Rodman <david_at_redroad.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 22:36:48 -1000

Hi -
I have an application that could really benefit from being able to pass the %MYPORT value to the basic authentication helper. I have it working now by calling my external program twice, once as the external proxy_auth helper, which verifies that there is at least one username/password combination that matches the user's supplied credentials, and then the second one, and acl external class that does receive %MYPORT and completes the authentication by verifying that the login info is valid for the port the user is coming in on.

If I could just pass the port number to the proxy_auth external helper, it would cut the processing time for this in half, and make the whole thing a lot cleaner.

So - is there any way to do that, or must I modify the source code to accomplish it?

Thanks!