Re: [squid-users] real client ip address instead of squid Ip address

From: Khemara Lyn <lin.kh_at_wicam.com.kh>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:59:54 +0700

On 09/18/2011 04:38 PM, Saleh Madi wrote:
> Dears,
>
> How could I configure the squid appear the clients real IP address instead of the squid IP address,
> the problem is that all clients get the same IP address which make problems in file sharing websites like mega upload, rapidshare and others websites
> we use squid in transparent mode with WCCP , please advice how to resolve this problem.
>
> Many thanks,
> Saleh Madi

Hi,

I have the same query but doubt if it is possible at all, esp. with WCCP.

What I could do so far is that, I configure the Squid box to have
multiple IPs and multiple gateways (5 of them) with IPRoute2, "ip
route". Each time, it could appear as a different IP but still get
blocked by those file-sharing Web sites as you mentioned.

I would greatly appreciate for any better idea.

Thanks & regards,
Khem