Re: [squid-users] cache Youtube or Rapidshare

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 22:19:55 +0300

On 20/09/2011 08:22, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
> 2011/9/19 rocky.li<rocky.li_at_italkbb.com.au>:
>> Hi Luis Daniel,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your reply . Which is the better one? Is it difficult to use Squid3.2 with ICAP?
well you must know some programing and reverse some web apps.
i used http://greasyspoon.sourceforge.net/
and there is a nice example of doing url rewriting.
i really recommend to use the ICAP and not the old way of squid 2.7 and
the url rewriting capabliaty.

>> 2011-09-20
>>

>> Best Regards!
>> Rocky Li

youtube has an interest of not allowing caching in order to get money
from users.. so dont expect it to be built in squid in a simple way.

Regards Eliezer