[squid-users] Character encoding in access.log

From: Javier Amor garcia <jamor_at_zentyal.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:23:38 +0200

Hello,
I am working in a access.log parser for squid and I have trouble with
some URLs that contains no-us characters, like spanish accents.

To fix the issues with the parser I need to know the following:

The character encoding used for the log files is always the same or is
system dependent?.
There is some way to explicitly force squid to use a given charset (or
UTF8) in its log files?.

Thanks,
Javier