[squid-users] WCCP transparent proxy

From: Will McDermott <wmcdermott_at_seq.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:56:50 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to setup transparent proxying with squid and a Cisco router. I have seen many guides and tried many combinations but I can not get transparent proxying to work. I see bytes/packets on my WCCP0 interface, and I see the squid server as a cache-server on the cisco router. I also see the "Total Packets Redirected" on the Cisco router increasing.
However pages never load on my test box (win xp/firefox configured with the router as it's gateway)

I have fallowed the "Configuring Squid to talk WCCP" section of the FAQ (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy#WCCP_-_Web_Cache_Coordination_Protocol)

The router is a 2611 IOS ver: version 12.3

These are the relevant sections of the conf:

ip wccp version 1
ip wccp web-cache redirect-list 160

interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address 10.1.15.240 255.255.240.0
 ip wccp web-cache redirect in
 duplex auto
 speed auto

The router is configured as a router on a stick and only has one active interface, it has another router on the LAN that is it's router/default gateway.

The squid server is Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (2.6.32-33-server)
squid version 3.0.STABLE19

I have no iptables rules, I have configured squid to listen on port 80.
These are the wccp settings I have configured:
wccp_router 10.1.15.240
wccp_version 4

Hopefully I have missed something obvious, thanks in advance!

--Will