Re: [squid-users] ftp problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:57:44 +1200

On 23/09/11 06:52, Uldis Biks wrote:
> Sorry, forgot point out squid version:
> OS: rhel6
> squid-3.1.10-1.el6_1.1.i686.rpm
>
> On 2011.09.22. 21:49, Uldis Biks wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have problem with squid and ftp - some of ftp sites are not working
>> through squid.
>> I`ve tested ftp://ftp.gnu.org/ and ftp://ftp.arke
>> <ftp://ftp.arke=>ia.com/ which are not working. Although i can see in
>> logs squid receives MOTD from ftp server in browser squid returns
>> request timed out.
>> But ftp://ftp.redhat.com/ is working fine.
>> In squid config file ftp is allowed:
>> acl Safe_ports port # ftp
>> #allow ftp
>> acl ftp proto FTP
>> always_direct allow FTP
>> http_access allow ftp
>> I looked through forums and google but couldn`t find nothing helpfull.
>> Does anyone have any idea what is wrong or should i file bur report?
>> cache log output with debug_options ALL,9 for not working sites:
>> http://pastebin.com/1qmeCzh4
>> http://pastebin.com/fHpPH5mM
>> http://pastebin.com/p8BAuD32
>> http://pastebin.com/DX76PdvK
>>
>> cache log output with debug_options ALL,9 for working site:
>> http://pastebin.com/R9rrrstr
>> http://pastebin. <http://pastebin=>com/yyfxCeuE
>> http://pastebin.com/DFvdDRJj
>>
>> Thanks for any help in advance!

Debug level "ALL,1 9,2" should be sufficient to see what is going on a
bit clearer. That displays just the FTP protocol operations. If you
need something deeper up to "9,5" displays the squid handling actions on
that traffic.

Note: this is section 9 (FTP) , not level-9 (full trace)

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.12