Re: [squid-users] Denying https access to websites

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:37:37 +1200

 On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:32:01 +0100, Dayo Adewunmi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've noticed that some sites which I deny access to with http_access
> deny
> are blocked when accessed with http://example.com but accessible
> through https://example.com. How do I ensure the https://example.com
> is also blocked?

 Depends on how you are blockign them and how yoru clients are using
 Squid.

 If you are using interception to get the traffic into Squid, the only
 way to block them is to firewall port 443. Ability to view HTTPS
 internals is one of the things you loose when intercepting.

 If the browsers are aware of the proxy and using CONNECT requests to
 make https:// connections, then dstdomain will catch both http:// and
 https:// forms.

 Amos