Re: [squid-users] Multiple ACL's

From: Jim Gifford <maillist_at_jg555.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 08:58:07 -0700

On 9/24/2011 4:47 AM, Pandu Poluan wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2011 6:19 PM, "Jim Gifford" <maillist_at_jg555.com
> <mailto:maillist_at_jg555.com>> wrote:
> >
> > I have setup a small proxy server at home for my kids.
> >
> > My proxy is setup to allow access from 8am to 9pm on school nights.
> He has an alarm clock that uses his ipod, that needs 24x7 connectivity
> or his alarm clock doesn't work. Is it possible to create 2 different
> ACLS, one to allow access for his alarm clock without a logon to
> certain domain destinations and prevent him from going to the
> internet on his ipod after the scheduled block of the internet.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to accomplish this.
> >
> > Using Squid 3.1.15 and a Gentoo box.
> > Dual 1ghz P3 server with 4gb ram.
> >

> Why would an alarm clock need Internet connectivity???
>
> That said, the answer is: Yes, it is possible, if you know the domain
> where the, uh, alarm clock connects to. Arrange the ACLs like this:
>
> dst_domain domain.of.alarm.clock allow
> time range-time allow
> default deny
>
> I.e., put the ACL rule for the alarm clock domain before the rule for
> time range.
>
> Rgds,

It's some ihome application it goes out to 3 different websites, there
was no way to disable it. So here's what I did

http_access deny BadSites
http_access allow ihome
http_access allow sunday localnet logon
http_access allow weekend localnet logon
http_access allow weekday localnet logon
http_access deny all