[squid-users] URLs with backslash character using Firefox breaks Digest-Auth

From: Jan Sievers <sievers_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 19:19:26 +0200

Hi,

I noticed that trying to access a resource using URLs with backslash
character ('\') using Firefox 6.0.2 breaks the HTTP-Digest
authentication in Squid 3.1.15.

Accessing the same resource using explicitly URL-escapes in the address
bar (%5C) works.

Accessing the same resource with Opera works, since it escapes every
('\') character itself.

I guess it's more a Firefox bug, if it's not a content provider bug :-)
ignoring RFCs. But I am wondering if I can do something about it in Squid?

Or if Squid could respect different URL handling of different clients
and build the digest hash the same way the browser does, meaning not to
manipulate the uri provided in the Proxy-Authorization header again;
here not to remove the backslash character?

Thanks in advance,
Jan

--
Jan Sievers                              |
Freie Universität Berlin                 | sievers_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de