Re: [squid-users] How to rotate Cache.log

From: Helmut Hullen <Hullen_at_t-online.de>
Date: 30 Sep 2011 08:54:00 +0200

Hallo, Amos,

Du meintest am 30.09.11:

>> My cache file is getting too big (250mb) so it becomes really hard
>> to view the log file.

[...]

> Question is though why your cache.log is getting so big in the first
> place. It should only have rare messages about serious problems.

That can happen. I've seen log files with more than 2 GByte too.

A bit more precise: "squid" rotates them if they are bigger than 2
GByte. And then the next 2 Gbyte were filled, but the partition wasn't
big enough. All happened within less than 24 hours.

But I've seen this nasty behaviour only 1 time in the many last years.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut