[squid-users] Re: 301 redirection with Squid based on URL (is Squirm the fastest way?)

From: Manuel <manuelgarcia_at_trashmail.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 18:48:56 -0700 (PDT)

Than you for your answer. Finally I do not like Squirm for this case since I
need the page to not be cached. Thefore my idea is to use a specific
cache_peer for any domain different than the main one in order to (1st)
point all them to the main one and (2nd) avoid the use of an external
redirector. Something like this:

cache_peer 172.20.1.3 parent 80 0 no-query no-digest originserver
name=mainweb
acl maindomain dstdomain www.my.domain
cache_peer_access mainweb allow maindomain

cache_peer 172.20.1.4 parent 80 0 no-query no-digest originserver
name=allredirects
acl maindomain dstdomain !www.my.domain
cache_peer_access allredirects allow maindomain

And I will use apache with mod_rewrite in that cache_peer in order to avoid
caching by the browsers:
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://www.my.domain/$1 [R=301,L,E=nocache:1]

This should work, don't you think?