[squid-users] gzip with Squird working fine with our site but not with our vbulletin forum. Any advice?

From: Manuel <manuelgarcia_at_trashmail.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:41:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

We have Squid in the main site and it is delivering content gzipped
perfectly but on the forum when we have HITs (always guests) a lot of the
times (maybe most of them) the content is delivered without the gzip header.
The webserver is lighttpd and gzip is configured in vBulleting settings (not
in lighttpd) https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/vboptions_group_http . If
we try to get the content directly to webserver without Squid it is
delivered in gzip perfectly. We have added this code to Squid.conf but is
still not working properly:

acl apacheandlighttpd rep_header Server ^(lighttpd|Apache)
broken_vary_encoding allow apacheandlighttpd

On the main site we have apache with mod_deflate and this code in Squid.conf
and it is working perfecly:
acl apache rep_header Server ^Apache
broken_vary_encoding allow apache

Any idea an what's going on or any recommendations on how to proceed to find
the problem?