Re: [squid-users] Calamaris statistics

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 16:54:43 +1300

On 23/09/11 20:52, Paolo Supino wrote:
> Hi
>
> at the request of my boss I've started generating daily squid
> statistics with calamaris. My boss asked me whether the traffic
> reported is incoming/outgoing (or both) to the office. I tried to find
> the answer on Google, but couldn't find anything concrete about it. So
> I'm positing the question here: What does the traffic reported in
> Calamaris represent incoming/outgoing or both?

The answers is: "not enough data".

It represents the traffic through your Squid. In/Out is a perspective
view which can be altered by the http_port traffic "mode" flags.

If you are using the old default log format it will be the response data
size, omitting request data size (ie POSTs) and all header bytes. There
are log format tokens to log those details separately (%>sh, %<sh,
%<sH,, %<sS, %<st, %>st) or everything in both directions in one sum (%st).
  http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/logformat/

Amos

--
Please be using