[squid-users] Transparent Proxy & ntlm authentication issue

From: Almighty <almighty0_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:00:21 +0100

Hi,

I am redirecting my clients to my proxy server transparently using IPTABLES,

-A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp -i eth0 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080

I am also using ntlm authentication that forces all connections to
authentication to AD.
The redirect works fine except squid says "Cache error denied" and never
prompts me for any authentication.

If I manually specify the proxy server IP under my browser then it prompts
me for authentication and all is well.

Is there any way I can get squid to prompt me for authentication when I
redirect through IPTABLES?

Many thanks,