Re: [squid-users] First ACL

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 00:41:13 +1300

On 06/10/11 23:22, Oliver Guerino wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm working in project search one, and I'm testing the Squid-Cache features.

Which Squid version? features are being added all the time.

> I'm testing ACL's and I read that when I use ACL's, first happens the
> name resolution, after the resolution name,
> it is done the search into ACL.
> Is it correct? If yes. How do I to
> Squid-Cache do the search into ACL first or turn off the resolution
> name?

That appears to be a description of how a DNS-based ACL test works.

Squid only does DNS name resolution if it is required to do so to locate
the DNS data. Solution is to use an ACL which does not require name
resolution.
  "dstdomain" text-compares.
  "dst" resolves and IP-compares.

> I tried with authenticated mode and the Squid reads the ACL first. How
> do I do it work in transparent mode and read the ACL before translate
> the DNS?

"authenticated mode" ? there is no such mode. Mode being the syntax
format of the HTTP traffic and mechanism of its arrival. There is
forward-proxy mode or reverse-proxy mode either containing authentication.

It sounds a little like you are trying with recent 3.2 series Squid. Is
that correct?

Amos

--
Please be using