Re: [squid-users] Squid Clustering

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 15:42:07 -0500

2011/10/7 Momen, Mazdak <MMomen_at_cvent.com>:
> Hi,
>
> How can I create a squid cluster that would ideally share log files and replicate config changes to each other? We have a load balancer that can handle sending requests to one or the other server but I would prefer to not have to have someone log into each squid server to change the ACL, is there a better way to handle this?
>
> Thanks,
> Mazdak

Just thinkin

we did something like that once. what we do is to split ACL into a
sparate files, like squid.acl, and do an include in squid.conf.

Then, using ssh and key capabilities we do some scripts that takes
squid.acl from the master one, and if there is a change, maybe
md5sum, you restart/reconfigure your slave squid.

About logs, you shall need use syslog (2.7 and 3.2 supports that,
not 3.0 nor 3.1) or maybe a non-anonymouse pipe file in a filesystem
like gfs/ocfs2 so you can mix all activities in a single big
access.log file.

LD
http://www.twitter.com/ldlq