Re: [squid-users] Can url_rewrite_program determine the referer?

From: dustfinger x <dustfinger_at_muddymukluk.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 16:07:00 -0600

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Diego Woitasen <diego_at_woitasen.com.ar> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM, dustfinger x
> <dustfinger_at_muddymukluk.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The system is using Squid version 3.1.8.
>>
>> I have configured squid to use a url_rewrite_program that redirects
>> users to the company portal sites under certain circumstances. The
>> problem is that the portal sites references external content and the
>> external content URI's are also being re_written. Is there any way for
>> me to determine if a particular uri has a referer? It would be idea if
>> I could determine the referer's domain name, but even just knowing if
>> the uri request has a referer would be helpful.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> dustfinger.
>>

> Use "acl referer_regex" and url_rewriter_access. For example:
>
> acl intranet_ref referer_regex *.intranet.com.*
> url_rewriter_access deny intranet_ref
> url_rewriter_access allow all
>
> Regards,
>  Diego
>

> --
> Diego Woitasen

Hi Diego,

Thank you very much for your response. The challenge that I face is
that there will probably be a lot of referred to domains and these may
potentially change over time. If it is possible to somehow determine
the referrer from the url_rewrite_program, then that would be idea.
Your solution is not totally out of the question, but it would be a
maintenance issue for me.

I suspect that what I want to do is simply not supported, but I did
read one user's post that he was able to pass the referrer to the
redirector using user variables. The poster did not detail how he went
about this though.

Sincerely,

dustfinger.