RE: [squid-users] ACL's by Specific Date and Time

From: Jenny Lee <bodycare_5_at_live.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 04:00:44 +0000

> Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 20:45:07 -0700
> From: maillist_at_jg555.com
> To: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Subject: [squid-users] ACL's by Specific Date and Time
>
> I use my squid server at home for me to keep my eyes on my kids
> internet. Was wondering if it was possible to allow or deny access by a
> specific day and time.
>
> What my thoughts are is when they are on a holiday, to disable my normal
> rules. So when they are out of school the proxy doesn't stop their
> access, but if it's a non school day, it will allow them out.
>
> Not sure if this is possible.

Very easy to do.

See "acl time":
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl?highlight=%28time%29#How_can_I_allow_some_clients_to_use_the_cache_at_specific_times.3F

You can add weekends to your rules to allow access to your kids. You can also download official public holiday list and create rules for these days.

Jenny