[squid-users] Re: Recurrent crashes and warnings: "Your cache is running out of filedescriptors"

From: Leonardo <leonardodiserpierodavinci_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:34:30 +0200

@Wilson Hernandez:

> #!/bin/sh -e
> ulimit -HSn 65536
> sleep 1
> /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid

Thanks a lot Wilson, that worked like a charm. It successfully
increased the number of FDs for Squid to 65536.
I'll give you feedback tomorrow, when the proxy will be under heavy
usage. If everything goes ok I'll re-enable the disk cache.

Any hint on why this problem occurred? There haven't been any major
changes in the configuration.

Thanks,

Leonardo