Re: [squid-users] Squid latency?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:43:14 +1300

On 15/10/11 16:57, - Mikael - wrote:
> Two quick questions:
>
> I have big latency on the Squid box. It takes about 5 seconds from the
> time I enter URL address until the page loads. When the page loads it
> loads very quickly.
> DNS queries to WAN are<2ms, average ISP tracert and ping latencies
> are around 20ms. Tracert and ping from LAN to the proxy are<1ms.
> Is there something in the Squid (an option, log, or util) that would
> help me figure this out?
>
> This is less important but I see lots these messages in the log. Is
> this something I should be concerned about?
>
> 1318650368.497 0 IP-address-removed NONE/400 3371 +?AO tqyU -
> NONE/- text/html

"+?AO" is request method for the URL "tqyU". Looks like
"IP-address-removed" is abusing your proxy port with an attempted DoS
attack.

- block the IP address at your firewall from accessing Squid any more. -
track down why its happening and get it to stop somehow.
- both of the above.

Choice is yours.

Amos

--