Re[4]: [squid-users] Non-transparent port works, transparent doesn't

From: zozo zozo <flam4_at_mail.ru>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:57:16 +0400

So does it mean Squid works only with NAT-ted packets? Should it not accept direct connection to the port?
Or does it check iptables for forwarding entries?

Does it mean that now intercepting squid can only work on the gateway machine?
Makes little sense to me - I'm using HTTP port forwarding from DD-WRT router to the server, obviously I can't have squid on router.

On Ubuntu I have Squid v3.1.11, is it new feature in 3.2?