[squid-users] configuring splash page

From: Alex F <allexu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:44:09 +0300

Hello,

I am trying to set up a splash page as an initial page, no matter what
users request.
Please note I am using Squid 3.2 with session helper 1.1 on debian 6.
Following the examples from
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash I have
managed to set up and get results with the first example.
Scrolling down, there is the second example on how to enforce a check
that the user did GET a specific page.
I've got the following set up:
__________
external_acl_type session_LOGIN_master concurrency=100 ttl=2 %SRC
/usr/local/squid3.2/libexec/ext_session_acl -T 30 -b
/usr/local/squid3.2/lib/session.db -a
acl session_LOGIN external session_LOGIN_master LOGIN

external_acl_type session_ACTIVE_master concurrency=100 ttl=2 %SRC
/usr/local/squid3.2/libexec/ext_session_acl -T 30 -b
/usr/local/squid3.2/lib/session.db -a
acl session_is_ACTIVE external session_ACTIVE_master

acl A dstdomain 192.168.235.136
acl B urlpath_regex /splash.html /check.html
http_access allow A B

acl clicked_login_url url_regex -i http://192.168.235.136/check.html
http_access allow clicked_login_url session_LOGIN

http_access deny !session_is_ACTIVE
deny_info http://192.168.235.136/splash.html session_is_ACTIVE
__________

BTW, note that in the example page, at the "# If we get here, URL not
present" section there is "http_access deny session_day
!session_is_active" - session_day ACL does NOT exist anywhere. May be
a typo or something.

In theory, a GET http://192.168.235.136/check.html should allow me to
browse the internet freely for 30 seconds.
But instead I am always denied with the splash.html.

192.168.235.132 TCP_MEM_HIT/200 356 GET
http://192.168.235.136/check.html - HIER_NONE/- text/html
192.168.235.132 TCP_DENIED/302 323 GET
http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en&tab=iw - HIER_NONE/- text/html
192.168.235.132 TCP_MEM_HIT/200 377 GET
http://192.168.235.136/splash.html - HIER_NONE/- text/html

I am failing to see what's wrong. Any idea is appreciated.