Re: [squid-users] Transparent / Standard mode comparative

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:46:01 +0200

>Le mercredi 12 octobre 2011 à 09:46 +0530, nipun_mlist Assam a écrit :
>> Squid in tproxy mode, doesn't work with HTTPS most probably.

this applies in intercepting (previously incorrectly called
"transparent") mode too, no matter if you use tproxy or not.

>>Secondly, it doesn't spoof the client IP.

actually, tproxy DOES spoof client's IP, plain intercepting does not.

On 12.10.11 10:45, David Touzeau wrote:
>Just a question Nipu,
>
>what are real benefits to use "Tproxy" instead just set an iptables
>rules and set squid as transparent mode ?

tproxy is afaik just a small addition to interception - it causes squid
to change source IP of outgoing HTTP connection as if came from
original client.

It requires more work with firewall.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.