[squid-users] Reverse HTTPs proxy caching the content

From: Brueck Timm Wolfgang <brueck_at_iabg.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:36:57 +0000

Hello all,

my intention was to use squid as an https-cache meaning that it should split https-sessions to be able to read and to cache the web content. (client <-https1-> proxy <-https2-> web server) Therefore, I configured squid as a reverse https-proxy. The client receives the web-content from the web-server when I use the address of the proxy as destination. I would say everything works fine. However, when I look at the network traces I see that proxy responses to the client requests but it also retrieves the web content from the server. But using the CGI-interface the proxy reports IPcache hits. Is this a common behavior? Is there a possibility to configure squid in a way that it only should retrieve the web-content from the server when it is expired?

Cheers,
Timm

IABG mbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ottobrunn, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB 5499
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rudolf F. Schwarz Vorsitz, Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Spott
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: RA Engelbert Kupka MdL a.D.