[squid-users] Re: empty acl

From: saif <saif92112000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:56:38 +0000 (UTC)

Amos Jeffries <squid3 <at> treenet.co.nz> writes:

> On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 23:48:28 +0100, zongo saiba wrote:
> > Greetings to all ,
> >
> > Just a quick email as I get a "warning: empty ACL: acl ads
> > dstdom_regex
> > "/usr/local/etc/squid/ad.block.txt everytime I run the script that
> > enables
> > the refresh of the ad.block.txt file. I was using linux (Ubuntu
> > server
> > 11.10) and never got that. I am now on freebsd 8.2; this is when the
> > error
> > above started. I modified the script and there is no issue there.
> >
> > I can't figure out for the life of me why squid 3.1 is giving that
> > error
> > message. Any help is much welcome.
>
> The file is empty at the time of Squid reconfigure/startup or the Squid
> user account does not have read access to load it.
>
> Amos

Its normal this warning shows because you have created an dstdom_regex ACL and
redirected to that ACL into a file location
"/usr/local/etc/squid/ad.block.txt"...its not an issue either delete this
dstdom_regex or just add some domain value into that ad.block.txt file...
Issue would be resolved...

Saif Siddiqui