[squid-users] squid deployment for cache gain

From: Benjamin <benjo11111_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:49:29 +0530

  Hi All,

We have to deploy squid for cache gain in our network where we are
having 140-150 mbps bandwith and 600 users.As per our H/W, we have 8 gb
ram and 2 TB disk with intel i3 processor with GBPS lan cards.We only
use squid on this h/w nothing else.

So for going to setup squid in network , i have some queries.

1) what should be memory we use for squid ?
2) multiple creation of cache_dir is better or single big cache_dir is
better ?
3) At some blogs , i read that small objects in memory and disk are very
much beneficial for cache gain rather then specifing big size objects
for disk and memory ?
4) Multiple instance of squid is better or single squid instance is able
to handle such kind of heavy load. ?

Please share your suggestions with squid and cache gain in such kind of
big networks

Thanks,
Benjamin