Re: [squid-users] Transparently Proxying of https

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:19:53 +0200

On 31/10/2011 13:02, Tymur Islam wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> Is it possible to do Transparently Proxy of https (i.e. face book, gmail
> etc) traffic?
it is possible to do a transparently(almost) proxy for https but not
using squid.
https is a secure protocol that his purpose is to prevent
proxying\mangle it.

> If no, how and why https traffic works through NAT/Masquerade?
the https protocol is on the higher levels of the network levels and not
on the network level itself i.e not IP.
nat and masquerade is on IP level so https doesnt really care as long
the application level is untouched.

Regrads
Eliezer