Re: [squid-users] reverse proxy configuration still MISSes some pages which should be a HIT....

From: Einar Indridason <einari_at_vedur.is>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:20:49 +0000

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 11:33:28AM +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> 'delta' (time difference) between the two requests is 120 seconds (2
> minutes).
>
> + Server indicates 'must-revalidate'. Always contact backend server.
>
> + max-age is 10 seconds. Always fetch new content if current is
> older than 10 seconds.
>
> + origin servers object was modified 60 seconds after request (1).
>

> So this is correct. The cached object was stale, backend had an
> updated copy which got returned in full using status 200.
>
> If-None-Match and If-Modified-Since are both "true" conditions for
> these tests. Either one alone is enough to make a 200 happen.

Amos, thank you very, very much for that detailed answer :-)
Not quite what I was hoping for, me wanting to get more HITs even if one
or both of the above headers were to be included.
(The goal is to reduce MISS-es and increase HIT-s, obviously.)

But I think you pointed me to another direction... I need to cross-check
and even tripple check how the actual back-end is configured.

Amos, if you ever visit Iceland, I'll buy you a beer :-)

Thanks again,
Cheers,

--
EinarI