[squid-users] cross forest authentication

From: IanB <ibagnald_at_moog.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 05:34:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have SQUID 2.7 STABLE 8 running on server 2008 R2 Core Windows servers
with two AD forests where there is a two way transitive trust in place.

The SQUIDs are in DomainA and we have Users in DomainA and DomainB. DomainA
users are members of a domain local group that is used to allow internet
access, called PRX-Allow_Internet. DomainB users are members of a universal
group InternetUsers. The DomainB\InternetUsers group is nested in the
DomainA\PRX-Allow_Internet group.

I am using mswin_negotiate_auth.exe for authentication.

Users in DomainA can access the internet. Users in DomainB are denied access
to the SQUID proxies in DomainA. Is cross forest authentication possible? Is
this unsupported or do I have a misconfiguration? Will provide squid.conf
details on request.

Thanks

Ian