[squid-users] Proxy-Authorization header

From: John Munroe <munddr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 14:40:43 +0000

> You omitted some important details:

Sorry about that.

>  * explanation of the problem

Basically, I'm just trying to not send out the Proxy-Authorization and
the Proxy-Connection request headers. This server I'm connecting to
seems to look up whether these 2 headers are sent, and if they are, it
handles the connection funnily.

>  * squid version
>    - I assume its one of the 3.x series since you had "request_" on the
> directive attempted.

Squid 3 is indeed correct.

>  * type of squid setup (forward proxy, reverse proxy, interception,
> transparent, cluster, etc)

It's a forward proxy.

> Proxy-Authorization is hop-by-hop. Meaning that its removed by your Squid
> unless you explicitly configured the cache_peer login= option to relay it or
> create a new one.

Right. So in my case, should I relay it or create a new one? How do I
go about configuring that? cache_peer user=<myusername>
password=<mypassword>?

Thanks

John