Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy + Exchange OWA issue

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:44:51 +1300

On 5/11/2011 5:03 a.m., Rick Chisholm wrote:
> I'm not intimidated by that option, but I prefer to use ports (which is
> still compiling from source FWIW) to make update management easier. Also
> this is a mission critical production box and I can't just blindly throw
> new versions at it without finding out what the issue is and why a certain
> solution (3.2) is the answer.

I would guess the problem is OWA being broken in its use of HTTP/1.1. In
particular the Expect: 100-continue feature to enable better persistent
connections. You can try toggling the ignore_expect_100 configuration
option (OFF is probably needed).

2.7 (and 3.1) only have partial support for that feature. With that
ignore directive to cause a quick reject or a client timeout to happen
(5 minutes a coincidence? ).
3.2 is needed to make chunking and continue work through Squid (avoiding
the timeouts).
  * in particular 3.2.0.8 is the most stable and production usable of
the 3.2 series.

Amos