Re: [squid-users] How can I configure squid3 proxy to allow rtmp streaming traffic?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 10:33:21 +1300

On 6/11/2011 2:36 a.m., Andre Ferreira wrote:
> How can I configure squid3 proxy to allow rtmp streaming traffic?
> Video sites like Youtube work, but most rtmp sites timeout with server
> not found error.
>
> For example in http://www.tvi.iol.pt/mediacenter.html?mul_id=13507798&load=1&pagina=1&pos=2
> the ad shows ok, then the real streaming should start, but doesn't.
> I already added 1935 to the Safe_Ports acl.
>
> Thank you

RTMP is a wholly different protcol to HTTP. Squid only accepts HTTP and
ICY protocols as input at present.

*if* your media agent is configured to use an HTTP proxy and supports
the CONNECT method to transfer the stream. You may be able to get it to
work by adding the RTMP port(s) to both Safe_ports and SSL_ports.

Amos