[squid-users] howto kill workers

From: Sergey Naumov <sknaumov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:48:34 +0300

Hello.

I am using squid-3.2.0.13-r11414 and wonder howto kill squid workers.
Killing by pid from start-stop-daemon or pid from file specified in
pid_filename does not work because it kills only squid-coord. Is there
a way to kill squid processes except of killall?

And yet another question: is squid-coord a worker with special
functions or it is only a coordinator? I am asking because if I
specify "workers 2" in squid.conf and want to assign 2 squidGuards to
each worker, then 3 squid processes spawned (1 coord, 2 workers) and
therefore - 6 squidGuards. So if squid-coord is a worker, then only 2
processes should be spawned, and if not - there is no need for
squidGuards for coordinator, I think.

Thanks in advance,
Sergey Naumov.