Re: [squid-users] Store rebuilding and https reverse proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:43:21 +1300

On 9/11/2011 10:14 p.m., senthil kumar wrote:
> Hello
>
> 1. While store is rebuilding, whether squid process client requests are not?

Bad translation problem. I'm not sure I quite understood that right.

I think you meant "is squid serving requests while it rebuilds the
store?". Yes?

Squid blocks during the rebuild steps. BUT, does small steps so
hopefully requests can get handled during short rebuild pauses. 3.1 and
older are not very good at pausing often enough so sometimes traffic
problems can be visible. Mostly they show up as very slow service times
during the rebuild. In 3.2 with SMP changes I think we just solved it
recently.

As always, -F command line option makes Squid block completely for the
entire rebuild.

> 2 For the reverse proxy setup . Eg
> client(https)------(https)squid(https)-------(https)originserver
>
> Following cache_peer works fine.
>
> cache_peer 172.16.1.40 parent 443 3130 originserver allow-miss ssl
> sslcert=/usr/local/CA/certs/server.crt
> sslkey=/usr/local/CA/private/server.key sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER
>
> Instead of using ssl certificates in cache_peer, can we use the
> define the same in following tags? can any one explain the use of
> below tags?
>
> sslproxy_client_certificate,
> sslproxy_client_key

See my email a few seconds ago to Anandha V.

Amos