Re: [squid-users] missing username in squid log

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:33:19 +1300

On 13/11/2011 2:55 p.m., Giovanni Rosini wrote:
> I'm not sure to understand.
> How can the external script find the rigth username?
> In radius db i have the RADCHECK table containing all user registered,
> and RADACCT table where you find a record for every session.

Take that above sentence, replace "where you find" with "where script
finds".

> Each record in RADACCT shows a lot of data (username, nat ip, local
> ip, time of start and end of each session, etc.) but how squid can
> match a page request with database entries to retrieve username?

By looking up the details Squid has and finding the matching record.
Please find a beginners tutorial on how database queries work. It should
cover how to find a database record by querying it with some few of the
field details. The db_auth script I mentioned earlier does database
queries. You adjust the script (either the code or teh command
parameters passed to is in squid.conf) to create a query for the RADIUS
database.

Amos
PS. and please consider responding to the mailing list address. I only
do private answers for paid customers.